CODES 221 Grade Contract

9.a: Constructs insightful problem statements with evidence of relevant factors. This skill will be especially useful now that we are focusing on implementation in the garden. Clarity and precision are extremely important in a process such as this one. I can demonstrate completion of this learning goal through assignments such as reflections, on site visits, and classroom discussions. 

6.b: Demonstrates sophisticated understanding of the complexity of elements important to members of another culture in relation to history, values, politics, communication styles, economy, or beliefs and practices. To me this means being able to recognize and peel back all the layers and complexities of another culture and use this knowledge to create solutions and make change. I can demonstrate this in classroom visits, reflections, and classroom discussions.  

1.a: Demonstrates ability and commitment to collaboratively work across and within community contexts and structures. To me this means demonstrating the ability to actively contribute to the task or goal at hand regardless of the setting. I can demonstrate the achievement of this learning goal when visiting MOBOT, during our presentations, and when MOBOT members come to visit us here at SIUE.  

12.c: Works independently toward goals by contributing and meeting deadlines. This reflects the ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks, and manage time effectively to meet deadlines. I can demonstrate the achievement of this goal in all our assignments this semester as well as through class discussions.