CODES 123 Grading Contract

Contract Grading CODES 122 Aaliyah Lindsey  

Dear Dr. Smith,  

To receive an A in this course, these are the goals I plan to implement into my learning and how I plan to accomplish them.    

10.b: Uses quantitative analysis of data as the basis for deep and thoughtful judgments, drawing insightful, carefully qualified conclusions. To me, this means being able to thoroughly examine any given set of data using proper techniques and then creating a series of intellectual takeaways. Getting practice in an area like quantitative literacy will be especially beneficial with a psychology major since we are required to pass at least two statistics courses. It’ll also be a part of the diagnostic process as a clinical psychologist and as a therapist. I can demonstrate my fulfillment of this learning outcome through all our article annotations but, specifically for weeks 12-15. (30%) 

5.a: Defines the scope of research questions effectively and selects information cogently to address them. This learning outcome measures the ability to prioritize concision and accuracy in your research. Information literacy will be useful as a psychology major and future therapist, because it’s the foundation of expanding your knowledge and learning how to most fruitfully apply that knowledge in real life situations for your clients. I can showcase my achievement of this goal through article annotations, my completed ethnography, and class discussions particularly in weeks 10 & 11 where we cover spatial and content analysis. (25%) 

3.b: Recognizes multilayered ethical issues and the cross-relationships among them. This means possessing the necessary skill set to synthesize materials and cognize their interrelatedness based on moral or ethical reasoning. This learning outcome satisfies some personal goals for me such as building ethical competence and being able to prudently navigate cultural and contextual variances. This goal can be achieved via my assignment completions in weeks 3, 4, and 7. (20%)  

11.a: Evaluates texts’ scholarly significance to apply reading to other contexts or issues.  

This means to be able to assess any given reading for academic value and utilizing them in different scenarios and contexts. This learning outcome will be beneficial to me because mastering ensures that I’ll always be able to create connections in academic and professional settings. I also read a lot in my free time so it makes the most sense to do what I can to make sure I’m gaining all that I can from my readings. I can show this through my annotations and reflections.  (10%) 

13.b: Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to illustrate mastery of the subject, conveying the writer’s understanding, and shaping the whole work. To me this simply means being intentional, selective, and thoughtful about the content you encounter and responding to said content with a thorough yet meaningful approach. This will be useful to me because it’s relevant across all kinds of writing contexts such as academic, creative, and professional writing. As a creative writer and enthusiast, myself, this skill is fundamental. I can show my fulfillment of this goal in my annotations, reflections, and in my storytelling process. (15%)  

Sincerely, 

Li