Reflection 4

Marques Rutlin 

TransdisciplinaryCommunication

Dr.Despain

29 September 2024

Reflection 4 Target Audience 

For my video, my target audience will be specifically high school seniors. College is a subject that most high school seniors have yet to learn the concept of college admissions. These student’s sources of reliable information these students have would be teachers and staff at the other or parents if they went to college. I believe the best method to appeal to the audience is to present information in a trendy fashion. For example, many educators may present their information in boring slideshows which turns off student engagement and won’t keep a student’s attention. During my video, I plan to use many strategies to keep my viewers attention like relevant memes/gifs, and using music that high school students would like. In addition to music, I would also use emojis, ever since Snapchat became teachers have been using that as a fun way to introduce students to a topic or as a nice hook to their anticipatory set. I would also take into consideration my audience, high school students have various interests and hobbies promoting other futures that may not involve college. For example, promoting the idea of the military, trade schools, starting a business, and apprenticeships. You have to take into consideration that school isn’t the only pathway for high school students.

college admissions y u so stressful - Y ...
How To Deal With Parents in the College Application Season | Yale College  Undergraduate Admissions