My Journey

While being a student at SIUE, I am involved in greek life and tutor at Glen Carbon Library. I work at Nothing Bundt Cakes as well. I have met so many great people in my sorority, Alpha Sigma Tau and tutoring has continued my passion for teaching children.

SIUE is shaping me as a student. Every aspect of my experiences here is helping me towards the future.

I can thank CODES for being the first stepping block to getting me involved at SIUE. I wish I had been more involved in high school, so I wanted to make sure I did not miss out in college. I am still looking for clubs and activities that spark my interest because I do want to be involved with my time here at SIUE.

When I first started CODES my main goal was to get an A. As the semester went on I realized how much of my time I am spending with my classmates and how close we have gotten. Reflecting, I have gained so much from this program, not just learning the curriculum. I did not even know what MODOT was. I love to approach activities and ideas with an open mind and that is something I want to continue to do this next coming semester. I would also like to keep this goal in mind when I attend my sorority events.

Read more about the “My Journey” page here.