Class Portfolio 122

Priscilla’s Class Portfolio

Introduction

I have seen an improvement in my source analysis, this could be because what we are doing in our sub-group is very interesting to me. I am enjoying being able to pick our sources. Something new this semester is leading the discussions for these papers. It is great to hear my classmate’s thoughts and this new addition has encouraged discussion. I feel I have learned a lot more about the deep-rooted history of MOBOT and I will continue to research this wicked problem.

Learning Outcomes

Outcome 3c (20%)

Applies ethical concepts to a question and considers their full implications.

After receiving feedback from Dr. Hildebrant in semester 1, I realized was not creating a bibliography and citing the source/sources correctly. I have begun doing this on all analyses. I believe I am digging deeper and giving a more thought-out response to the prompt.

Outcome 5B: Information Literacy (10%)

Accesses information using effective, well-designed search strategies and appropriate sources.

After the first semester, I said I wanted to work on using relevant sources and efficient, well-designed search techniques to access information. This was a great goal to work towards as we were picking our sources in class. To do this I made sure my research was accurate by checking the date, author, and source.

Outcome 8C: Oral Communication (20%)

Develops clear, innovative central messages with significant supporting materials.

This is a goal that I always strive for in all of my classes. I needed to improve my oral communication. I feel like when it was my turn to be a leader for the source analysis discussion, I was very prepared and planned out what I was going to share with the class. I believe little discussions like these help me improve my oral communication and this class has showed me to always be prepared to share your ideas.

Outcome 4A: Global Learning (10%)

Adapts and applies a deep understanding of multiple worldviews, experiences, and power structures while initiating meaningful interaction with other cultures to address significant global problems.

***meaningful connections with people from different cultures to address pressing global issues while adapting and using a thorough awareness of various worldviews, experiences, and power systems.

Outcome 13A: Written Communication (40%)

Demonstrates a thorough understanding of context, audience, and purpose.

I wanted to work on revealing an in-depth knowledge of context, audience, and goal this semester. While creating interviews for MOBOT, I had to think about what answers I wanted to receive while also making sure they were clear. Most importantly deciding the audience is important when doing an interview that I did not think about. This class has shown me when conducting a good interview you must find your intended audience and my writing has a clear point so it has purpose.