DP #2

Priscilla Kincanon

CODE 121

DeSpain

2 Oct. 2023

Audience Analysis

The audience for the Taylor Swift piece of journalism would be teenagers, music fans, and people active on social media. I would assume this is my target audience because of what I know about her music. Typically, at Taylor Swift’s Eras tour, there were lots of younger people. So, it would make sense that the same people would be interested in reading about her. I am a Taylor fan myself and all of my friends enjoy her music.

I would say the audience knows a few of her songs, as they are popular. Chances are most people have heard one of her songs playing on the radio or at an event of some sort. They should get to know the data and factual information. This will help people get a better understanding of why she has so much success. In the piece of journalism, it states that there were 2 million tickets sold for the Eras Tour. This could be a surprising fact for lots. This piece of evidence shows how many people listen to and enjoy her music. 

I really liked the graphics used and I think the pictures were appealing to the intended audience. There was glitter, and pink, and overall looked very digital. This is a great method to keep the reader interested. There were certain words that stood out, for example, a data fact would be larger than the rest of the text. This usually means that it is eye-catching, important, shocking, or a piece of data that is shown in one of the included pictures. Overall, the best method for appealing to the audience of younger folks was the choice of imagery.