My Goals

Major

I plan to major in early childhood education. I get to share my love for learning while making a difference.

Career Interests

I always knew I wanted to work with kids. I was stuck on either majoring in Social Work or Teaching when coming to college, but I decided that education has my heart. Children deserve to have an excited adult who makes them happy to come to school and learn.

Courses Completed

CODE120: Research Team I

This was my first research team course in the CODES program; we worked directly with our community partner the Missouri Botanical Gardens. In this class with Dr. Hildebrandt, we discovered the “Wicked Problem” that surrounds the garden.

CODE121: Transdisciplinary Communication

In this course, I learned more about transdisciplinary approaches and systems thinking as I presented my work publicly and wrote in a variety of genres for multiple formats. 

Psych111: Foundations of Psychology

Psych111 provided an introduction to understanding psychology across the lifespan. I learned about memory, emotion, and cognitive development. I also got practice in how to study for college-level tests.

Pols112: American National Government and Politics

Political Science taught me a broad survey of American political processes, institutions, and behavior. Knowing how these processes and institutions work and why they work this way is crucial for effective political leadership and civic activism.

Geo111- Intro to Geophraphy

In this course, I learned to examine the physical and human geographic principles to understand the spatial distribution of both physical attributes and human activities and their interrelationships.

See an example “My Goals” page.