Class Portfolio

Introduction

Since starting the Codes Program in August I’ve become a much better writer. I’ve gotten a lot better with group communication and talking to people. What I enjoy most about this class is the field trips we took towards the beginning of class. I struggle a lot with understanding the concepts of the assignments but most of the time I’m just thinking too hard about them. I think I’ve excelled most at getting better at writing. my main goal in this class in to enhance my communication.

Provide Leadership in Civic Engagement (20%)

The project where we had to sing and make a lot of videos, I think I demonstrated leadership because I sought out Isiaah to make the video. Those videos were something I definitely didn’t want to do but I made the most of it with Isiaah you should talk about process. I think I developed a skill to interact with people I’m not familiar with. Next time I will keep an open mind and just have more fun.

Identifies and Analyzes Core Beliefs and Reflects Upon Their Origin (20%)

I practiced this through analyzing the movie called flint. the belief that everyone should be available to everyone clean water was shown in this movie. the people found led in their water and reflected on the root of the problem. I analyzed this movie and reflected on it and realizing how messed up the government can be.

Uses Clear Organizational Patterns and Is Skillful at Presenting Content Cohesively (20%) and presenting

I feel like I haven’t improved much on my organization and presenting. I’ve only had to present both times and a feel like a performed poorly each time. during my source analysis a was prepared but I just didn’t present all of the knowledge i actually had and the same with the slide show we had towards the beginning.

Identifies and evaluates multiple approaches for solving problems (20%)

In our Tuesday classes we brainstorm a lot about solving problems but usually don’t say much during these moments and that’s something I still need to work on it. I want to be able to vocalize my voice more in group settings. Besides that, I don’t think we have done a lot of genuine problem solving. We have done more brainstorming.