Shelby Terrell

Grade Contracted For  __X__ A    ____ B        ____ C

What concepts are you going to learn, or skills are you going to develop?How will you learn the content/ develop the skill?What evidence will you add to the portfolio to demonstrate your learning?How will you and I assess the evidence of your learning/skills?
(20%) Based on (3. B): Recognizes multilayered ethical issues and the cross-relationships among them.Reflect on my values and beliefs, and write about my thoughts on ethical issues. Discussing ethical issues in class to get different perspectives.reflectionsNotes from articlesYou will see my reflection gradually develop with more understanding of different perspectives and issues.
(20%) Based on (5. C): Responsibly integrates research and demonstrates a full understanding of the ethical and legal restrictions on information use. Annotating articlesDeveloping comprehension skills to fully understand researchReflections and labsI will be using research to back up my claims in different projects.
(20%) Based on (10. B): Uses quantitative data analysis as the basis for deep and thoughtful judgments, drawing insightful, carefully qualified conclusions.Annotating articlesDeveloping comprehension skills to fully understand researchReflections I will use the data I analyze in my assignments
(20%) Based on (4. A): I will be able to adjust and apply different worldviews, perspectives, and experiences to address global problems  Listen to different perspectives in class Use my own experiences and perspectives from different resources we use in class to develop a worldview that can be used to help solve issues.Reflections Notes from discussions and articlesReflections will show how I use many different perspectives to try to solve problems
(20%) Based on (11. A & B): Evaluate texts’ scholarly significance to apply reading to other contexts or issues.Identifies texts within and across genres, monitoring and adjusting reading strategies based on their nuances.Summarizing and analyzing texts to connect to our research. Applying text with my group to show the context of our wicked problem  Using sources from assignments to connect them to bigger projectsReflections and labs