Guerrero A. Abril

CODES 121

Dr. Despain

29 September 24

Reflection 4

For reflection four, my audience is the young American men generation, which includes high school and college students. I chose this audience since they relate to my topic about immigrant children rising to the top compared to American children.

My audience is involved in social media and climate change, which has become essential for new voters. Young American people don’t know a lot about immigrants’ reality. Some do know a few things that they watch on the news or social media as they are getting ready to vote, and immigration is always something that the candidates speak about. They probably heard that immigrants are becoming a problem for the country but not that they are helping the economy or working harder than the American youth. They need to know that people their age who are children of immigrants are working harder than them, which is why they have a high rate of economic stability. They must also know and acknowledge what is true about immigrants and their reality. The best method to appeal to my audience is relating my topic to current events like the election and the information that they already know from the news and social media that is being thrown at their faces about immigration as they make up their mind about who they are going to vote for. My goal is to inform young Americans about the hard-working children of immigrants and the reality of their hard work paying off, raising them to the top and making them more successful financially compared to the American people, and how the United States makes them seem like the enemies that are invading their country instead of viewing them as people who want to live the American dream.