Dear Dr. Hildebrandt, 

During the spring semester, my plan is to have an A in CODE 122. I have outlined my goals and how I plan to achieve them to demonstrate to you why I deserve my grade. 

Based on 4B, I will be able to use my knowledge of global systems to develop and advocate for informed, appropriate action to solve complex problems (15%)

It is my goal to be able to utilize information and knowledge that I have about different cultures, experiences and systems that are used in different places to develop appropriate actions that will help create solutions. I will demonstrate this in my e-portfolio through work such as, highlighted information in readings that I can use, excerpts from my source analyses, and even possibly interviews. I can also share this by using pieces of my notes from different readings I look at, the archives, etc. 

Based on 8A, I will be able to use a clear organizational pattern and be skillful at presenting content cohesively. (15%)

My goal is to be a more fluid and understandable presenter. I would like for the information in my presentations to be organized clearly and to be easily understandable among all different kind of audiences. I will be able to demonstrate my progress on this goal with information from presentations being more organized, showing how I prepared for a presentation with notes, practice techniques, etc. I will also be able to show my progress during presentations themselves by presenting confidently and in a way that engages the audience. 

Based on 11A, I will be able to evaluate a texts’ scholarly significance to apply reading to other contexts or issues. (20%)

I find it deeply fascinating all the different connections that can be made across different areas of study and specialties and how certain things are connected even when you least expect or don’t understand how certain things could even have a connection in the first place. I would like to be able to use readings to make connections throughout my classes and in various contexts. I will build and demonstrate my capabilities by adding my reading notes to my e-portfolio, writing down and showing my thought processes when making connections, and in my works of writing themselves.  

Based on 12C, I will work independently toward goals by contributing and meeting deadlines. (20%)

This one as surprising as it may seem, is one of my heavier weighted goals. My goal is to develop a more manageable way to get my work done even before deadlines. I know myself and I get extremely overwhelmed very easily and I tend to just shut down completely. I am using this goal to keep myself on track towards success not only in my CODES courses but also my other courses that I am in. I will be able to demonstrate my progress on this goal by consistently meeting deadlines, putting my full effort into collaborative and independent work, and continuously improving my work to ensure that it is the best that it can be. 

Based on 13A, I will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of context, audience, and purpose in my writing. (30%)

I feel like my writing has improved over my last semester at SIUE. My goal for this semester is just to really demonstrate a deep understanding of all aspect in my writing and setting it up for my audience the right way while polishing off my writing skills that may seem more trivial I plan to showcase this in my e-portfolio by uploading all writing assignments to my e-portfolio and highlighting where I see that I have made improvements throughout the semester. 

Sincerely,

Jaidyn Sibaja