Interviewing someone gave me a sense of professionalism, as I felt in control of the conversation and setting. Overall, the experience was knowledgeable and interesting. Since I already knew the person I was interviewing, I made sure they were comfortable and addressed any questions they had or if they needed me to rephrase my questions. I conducted the interview in the Engineering building, which I consider my “Home” for engineering projects and studying.

When interviewing one of my classmates, it felt like a normal conversation but in a more formal and professional manner. Reflecting on my interview questions, I realized that some could have been worded differently to elicit more detailed responses. For example, instead of asking “Do you study in a group or alone?” I could have asked, “Do you prefer working in a group or alone, and why?” This would have allowed for a more nuanced answer, considering preferences and reasons behind them.

Similarly, the question “How long do you study in a given week?” could have been phrased as “How long do you prefer to study in a given week?” to accommodate varying study habits and schedules. Recognizing these nuances in questioning could have resulted in more meaningful responses.

Despite these observations, I believe I did well in crafting concise and straightforward questions, which made the interview process easier. Transcribing the interview was a unique and informative experience. It provided me with a different perspective on my communication style, highlighting areas where I spoke quickly or stuttered. This insight allows me to improve my communication skills for future interviews.