Dear Dr., DeSpain,

To obtain an A in CODE120, I’ve outlined my personal goals and the ways I’ll demonstrate my progress toward them.

2) B. Takes risks in approaches to learning to create new knowledge. 25%

To me, taking risks to learn means that I’ll look for new angles that I’m not used to, to attain knowledge. I’ll show this in my portfolio, with a timeline with different pictures that show my progress, what skills I have, and what skills I’ve obtained. I will include reflections about my experiences, group discussions, and digital projects.

7) A. Explores a topic in-depth, yielding a rich awareness and/or little-known information indicating intense interest in the subject. 15%

I’m always eager to learn! I will show intense interest and rich awareness by being involved with teammates to create a map around the Missouri Botanical Gardens for our digital project 3 and also capture photos that work as a group to tell a story or convey an argument about campus life.

8). B. uses compelling, appropriate delivery techniques. 25%

When it comes to writing, I love using sensory language to captivate my audience. But for speeches, I’m working on improving my delivery techniques to grab attention and make it super compelling. In my CODES class, I’ll showcase these techniques during my digital project 2, where I create a video analyzing the author’s use of rhetorical strategies.

11).C Reads using an appropriate lens and can engage in a continuing dialogue within and beyond a discipline or a community of readers. 25%

In my CODES class, engaging in dialogues about our readings for our reflection is a top priority for me. To achieve that, I’ll make sure to fully grasp the material and stay focused on the topics at hand by taking notes and asking/answering questions.

13). B. uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to illustrate mastery of the subject, conveying the writer’s understanding, and shaping the whole work. 10%

To show mastery, I’ll use compelling and relevant content to illustrate and analyze the author’s rhetorical appeals/strategies in my digital project 2 presentation.  

Sincerely,

JaytheGr8