Dear Dr. Smith,

To obtain an A in CODES 123, I’ve outlined my personal goals and how I’ll demonstrate my progress toward them.

5.) Information Literacy 25%

A: Defines the scope of research questions effectively and selects information cogently to address them.

I will show my information and literacy skills during our final presentations and also during our article annotations and group discussions. What I can do to ensure this is to adequately prepare by using outside sources and sources provided to me to showcase the level of severity of our research questions clearly and cohesively. Thus, defining the scope of our research questions and addressing them.

7.) Skills for Lifelong Learning 25%

B: Pursues knowledge and educational experience beyond the classroom.

I will show that I pursued knowledge beyond the classroom during our group discussions, reflections, and article annotations. I can show this by documenting where I discovered my information and by also using other sources than the ones assigned.

8.) Oral communication 15%

A: Uses clear organizational patterns and is skillful at presenting content cohesively

Organization when speaking/presenting is more challenging when you’re going straight off the top of your head. I plan to show clear cohesive organizational patterns when presenting. To do this I will spend time out of class using Word/PowerPoint to prepare for the content I will present. I’ll also make small key points/notes so I can refer back to them if needed to make sure my presentation runs smoothly.

9.) Problem–Solving Skills 10%

A: Construct insightful problem statements with evidence of relevant factors.

I can demonstrate my problem-solving skills during our group discussions and reflections. I will use the sources provided and outside sources that are relevant to our discussion to construct insightful problem statements and also provide evidence of where I receive my information.

12.) Collaboration 25%

C: Works independently toward goals by contributing and meeting deadlines.

I can demonstrate collaboration with my group by not only just participating in group discussions, and reflections, but also completing assigned work within the deadline that was set. I will show this throughout the semester during our class discussions, article annotations, and during our final project.