Major: Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering

• Mechatronics is a multi-disciplinary field that involves various engineering fields so as Electrical, Mechanical, and Computer engineering and more.
  •  The reason I chose this field is because it encompasses all my interests and more. I called this Engineering discipline the jack of Engineering because it’s so versatile and unique.

Career interests: Space and Defense industry or Nanotechnology

• My career interest cannot be fully represented with the 2 above. However, I want to be a part of an industry that creates technologies that can protect people. I also want to go into nanotechnology because the possibilities and advancements are so numerous you probably couldn’t count them.
  • My major is important for helping me meet my career goals because in order to fully reach them I have to have knowledge in various fields in engineering and this degree is perfect for achieving that.

Courses Completed:

University 113- College Finances and Resources

• What I learned in university 113 is how to manage my credit card, how to use Student financial resources on campus to benefit me, how to budget, and more. This class was very beneficial to me especially since I took it in the summer, and it gave me a head start in the fall semester.

Biology 190- Intro to a topic on Bio

• I learned so much in this class, this class basically went over the essentials and basics that you would learn in a bio course such as the properties of life, Macromolecules, the Human body, and the systems within, Cells and the Processes within like Mitosis and meiosis, etc.

Future Courses:

Calc 2- I hope to expand my knowledge and learn more about integrals and other Calc-related things.

Physics for Engineers- I love Physics fervently, but the main thing I want to learn is the topic of Electromagnetism and Electricity.

Engineering problem solving I hope to learn about the mechanical and civil side of engineering. I also want to build the tennis launchers and bridges out of pop sticks that previous students made.

Codes 123 and the Research team for it- I hope to continue learning ways to improve society and what steps we should take to bring them to reality. I also hope to continue growing with my cohort class and bring our solution with the Missouri Botanical Gardens to  life.