Student Name: Arriana Grimes

Grade Contracted For:  __X__ A    ____ B        ____ C

What concepts are you going to learn, or skills are you going to develop?How will you learn the content/ develop the skill?What evidence will you add to the portfolio to demonstrate your learning?How will you and I assess the evidence of your learning/skills?
(20%)  Based on 13.A&D: I will be able to display my comprehension of context, audience, and purpose within my writing while also communicating meaning to my audience with transparent and fluent language  Explore different writing techniques and styles

Analyze my audience
Using appropriate vocabulary    
Essays with highlights of different techniques

Notes of different strategies

Research papers  
My essays will have relevance to my audience in a way

Main ideas are clear in writing

Supporting ideas are relevant and make sense  
(20%) Based on 8.C&D: Throughout the course, I will develop understandable and creative key messages that has crucial and sensible supporting materials while also using delivery strategies that are captivating and relevant.  Practice speeches and presentations beforehand

Recognize problems I have in speech and find solutions for them

Research effective communication techniques
Presentations

Speeches

Peer evaluations
My speech will improve and be clear

My speech will show me speaking confidently

My speeches/presentations are well prepared I communicate with my classmates effectively
(10%)  Based on 3.A&B. I will have the ability to recognize and examine my own core beliefs and cerebrate my origin while also identifying complex ethical problems and the correlation among them within my work.  Asking questions about my culture and race

Reflecting on my past  
Personal essays

Research papers that highlight racial/ethical issues

Reflection papers

Blog post/ Pages
Personal essays will clearly include my core beliefs

Reflection papers will clearly show me cerebrating my origin.

Research papers that highlight certain racial/ethical issues will show my implements of both my origin and beliefs
(10%) Based on 9.B: I will be able to provide various solutions to problems that I discover.  Clearly define the problem

Focus on the solutions more than the problem

Create a process for finding the solutions
Research

Essay papers

Notes

Brainstorming outlines
My research papers will show my competence in problem solving by having a clear problem and having solution(s) that are relevant and appropriate

My essays will show competence in my ability to analysis data and show its relevance to the main issue

My brainstorming outlines will show my process in finding solutions
(40%) Based on 7.B&C: I will strive for understanding and academic involvement beyond the classroom while also using my prior knowledge from inside and outside of the classroom to show the different views about academic and life experiences.  Research things in my own time

Explore topics similar and different to ones in class

Compare new knowledge and prior knowledge  
Research papers outside of class

Writings outside of class

Connections I have made outside of the classroom

Pages/Blog post on website
The research papers I do outside of class will show my determination for learning

Writing I do outside of class will show me using my prior and new knowledge and comparing my life and academic experiences

The connections I have made outside of the classroom will show my engagement outside the classroom to understand different viewpoints