Dear Dr. Despain, 

In Codes 121 I will strive to receive an A in this class. In order to achieve this, here as some goals that I have set for myself.  

5b.) Information literacy is accessing information using effective, well-designed search strategies and appropriate sources. 10%ย 

My goal for this outcome is to develop the ability to access information and use it effectively and find strategies and appropriate sources for an assignment, group project or research. For my reflections #3 and #4, I will take time to access the given information and use it to reflect on the main purpose of the assignment. This will help me become a better writer for my future reflections in this class.

7b.) Critical and creative thinking take risks in approaches to learning to create new knowledge. 20%ย 

When itโ€™s time for me to start creatively thinking and thinking critically, I start to think about the topic for too long to the point where my mind goes blank. For example, if I am writing a paper and find myself getting stuck, to get myself out of this bubble I will use strategies that Iโ€™ve gotten from my professor named Dr. Despain and take out a pen and paper and start writing whatever comes to my mind. I can use this when doing my script writing to come up with different ways to talk about a specific piece. I see this as a draft before I type my paper out. Using this strategy will not only help me accomplish script writing but it will also give me a chance to improve my critical thinking skills by finding different ways to think smarter about a situation and not harder.ย 

8a.) Oral Communication uses clear organizational patterns and is skillful at presenting content cohesively. 25%ย 

My goal for this outcome is to be able to verbally communicate using clear organizational patterns and be highly skilled at presenting cohesively. For example I can use these skills in my “Video Recording Scavenger Hunt” assignment, this will help me communicate with my group and give out certain parts that we each are best skilled at and also being able to put our pieces together and present the content cohesively.

9b.) Problem Solving identifies and evaluate multiple approaches for solving problems. 25%ย 

As I step into learning more in college and connecting with other like-minded people, I strive to find different ways and skills that may apply to me in the future. And what I mean by this is that the knowledge that I learn every day, I know that there will be a greater outcome once I apply these skills towards my life. I can use the knowledge and the educational experiences in my digital project assignment #1 and #2 to help me gather different approaches for solving problems.

13a.) Written communication demonstrates a thorough understanding of context, audience, and purpose. 20%ย 

My purpose for choosing this outcome as my goal is to be able to develop better writing skills so I’ll be able to communicate and demonstrate a thorough understanding through context,audience and purpose. As I do my community photo essay, I can practice these skills through, demonstrating what I am focusing on, which will be, selection, editing, context, captioning, and presenting.

Sincerely, 

Laylah Leech