Midterm 1st Semester

As much as I thought I was ready for college, I was wrong. College is a tremendous step up from high school; the workload, schedule, and time management are on a new level. It took me a while to adapt, and during this time, there was a lot of trial and error. The most challenging thing for me was balancing studying and making new memories with new friends. CODES has made this college experience incredibly unique and memorable. The amount of learning opportunities has been endless and has immensely helped me throughout all of my classes’ projects and assignments.

Goal 1 (20%)

Develops clear, innovative central messages with significant
supporting materials.
I want my oral communication to flow and make smooth transitions

Goal 2 (20%)

Identifies and evaluates multiple approaches for solving problems. I want to be able to see a problem, consider multiple viewpoints, and consider all factors.

Goal 3 (20%)

Evaluates texts’ scholarly significance to apply reading to other contexts or issues.

I plan to work on reading comprehension and apply that knowledge to other problems.

For my digital project 2 reflecetions, I used other sources to support my argument.

Goal 4 (20%)

I want to invite others to engage in conversations and ask them what ideas they have.

On our field trip, I asked questions and asked others their viewpoints and thoughts.

Goal 5 (20%)

I want to gain skills to help me write clearly and efficiently.

In my reflection 3, I realized how supporting details and using data from the text can create an effective message to support your argument in your writing.