MIDTERM

My first semester in this CODE 122 class has been an adjustment compared to research team last semester. This semester in research team, we are building on the findings of the previous semester. I have made improvements on things such as my priorities. I am looking forward to our future endeavors with MOBOT.

END OF SEMESTER

With my first year as a CODES scholar coming to an end, I would like to go through all the things I have learned thus far. Before I came to college, one of my greatest fears was public speaking. Now, I have became the girl who offers to go first when put in public speaking situations. I have also become the girl who has become more of a leader and enjoys engaging in conversations and asking questions. This semester in research team, we have all bonded and became closer. With only one semester left of research team it means we all have to push through to get our plans executed

M

N

Goal #1 (10%)

1c.) Tailors communication strategies to effectively listen, express, and adapt to others to establish relationships both in person and online.

Our research team had gone to MOBOT and were instructed to ask staff members our carefully structured questions. When I asked these questions to the staff, I had to use my active listening skills and apply them to attempt to hold conversation with these people of great power within the Missouri Botanical Garden.

Goal #2 (15%)

3c.) Applies ethical concepts to a question and considers their full implications.

This file is of notes that Troy took from a focus group when we were at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. These notes/ transcriptions show how I was speaking with the staff at the Missouri Botanical Gardens and how I took handle of the focus groups.

Goal #3 (25%)and #4 (20%)

5b.) Accesses information using effective, well-designed search strategies and appropriate sources.

13c.)  Uses language to skillfully communicate with clarity and fluency

The SA’s this semester have made me use outside resources. I have had to grasp key terms that are mentioned and maybe not fully explained in the article itself. Doing this I have gotten better grades on my SA’s.

My word choices for my SA’s have also improved as is stated in my SA feedback.

https://eportfolio.siue.edu/kadynce-sanders/wp-admin/post.php?post=322&action=edit

When comparing SA#1 to SA#2 there was a huge improvement between the connections I was making on the sources.

My final project for this class also shows my improvements that I have made.

Goal #5(40%)

12c.) Works independently toward goals by contributing and meeting deadlines

Within the research team assignments, I chose this outcome to hold myself accountable.

My way by showing this outcome is by the fact that all of my assignments have been turned in on time.